Looking for a great-tasting burger without a bun?
Try this crowd pleaser for your next family meal.
With toppings like red onions, candied pecans, and blue cheese, you won’t even miss the bun.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 ounces shaved red onions
- 1 1/2 ounces candied pecans
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Parchment paper
- Season pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s is ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Wrap the pattie in the Bibb lettuce leaves (like a paper wrap) and leave one end partially exposed.
- Fill the pouch with red onions, pecans, and blue cheese to cover the burger.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Wrap with parchment paper.
- Serve with folded side of Bibb lettuce tucked under so it does not fall open.