with Red Wine Syrup
These hearty, flavorful burgers pack a punch using gorgonzola crumbles, red onion, and sweet red wine syrup.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 ounce gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 tablespoon red wine syrup (see below)
- 1 hamburger bun
- Season frozen Cloud® burger evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the burger begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the burger, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Baste red onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place red onion slices in a hot pan or on the grill.
- Cook thoroughly until golden brown or until grill marks are visible.
- Top cooked burger with red onion slice and gorgonzola cheese crumbles.
- Place burger on bottom bun and add red wine syrup in a tight zigzag pattern.
- Place bun on top and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
Red Wine Syrup
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place wine and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to medium low and let the syrup reduce to half the original volume.
- Cool at room temperature for 2 hours and refrigerate.
- Store refrigerated in a squeeze bottle or small glass bottle.