CALIFORNIA SUN BURGER
with Cucumber-Avocado Salsa
Here’s a surefire way to take your menu from ordinary to “eggstraordinary” with the California Sun Burger —
topped with avocado, cucumber, onion, tomato, and a fried egg and served on an onion brioche roll.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cucumber-avocado salsa (see below)
- 1 or 2 slices heirloom tomato (depending on circumference)
- 1 egg, cooked sunny side up
- 1 brioche onion roll
- Season pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- While the pattie is cooking, prepare the egg and toast the bun.
- Place the pattie on the bottom bun and top it with the salsa, egg, and tomato slices.
- Place bun on top and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 avocados, peeled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 fresh jalapeño peppers, minced and with the pith removed
- Place ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix gently. Try not to bruise or mash the avocados — this is a chunky-style salsa.
- Place salsa in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two days.