CRANBERRY BRIE BURGER
Enjoy the taste of your favorite holidays year-round by preparing this sweet and savory burger for your next meal. Tart cranberry sauce and creamy brie cheese come together to provide the perfect topping for a delicious burger the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 2-3 slices brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce (see below)
- 1 artisanal bun
- Season frozen pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip. Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Slice off top of brie cheese wheel, place on parchment paper and microwave on high for 2 minutes until it’s soft, but not too melted. Add 2 to 3 slices of softened brie cheese.
- Toast the bun on the grill if desired. Place cooked pattie with melted brie on the bottom bun, and top it with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Add the top bun and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Wash and drain cranberries.
- Place water and sugar into a medium saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberries to the pot and return it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop open.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely; sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.