KILLER B’S BURGER
with Blueberry Jam
This sweet and savory burger with crispy bacon and blueberry jam is sure to appeal
to diners who are looking for a unique twist to the traditional burger.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/2 ounce blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons blueberry jam (see below)
- 1 brioche bun
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- When the pattie has been flipped, top it with the crumbled blue cheese and let it melt.
- Place the cooked pattie on the bottom bun and top it with the bacon. (Cut the full strip in half to make 3 strips total.)
- Spread the blueberry jam on bun top, place on burger, and secure with a pick.
Suggested Portion Size: 2 Tbsp
Portions Per Batch: 16
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Place half of the blueberries in a saucepan and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining blueberries along with the lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Place the pan on a medium high heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a vigorous boil, set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and stir occasionally until jam thickens.
- Allow to cool and place in an airtight container and refrigerate.