MARDI GRAS BURGER
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!
- 1 Double Red Provision™ pattie
- 1 thin slice ham
- 1 thin slice mortadella
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 sesame hamburger bun
- Muffuletta relish (see below)
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3.5 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Meanwhile, toast the bun and place the ham and mortadella on the grill to warm.
- While the pattie is still on the grill, top it with the provolone cheese and let it melt slightly.
- Place the cooked pattie on the bottom bun and top it with the muffuletta relish.
- Fold the ham and mortadella in quarters and place them on top.
- Place the top bun on the burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
- 6 ounces green olives, minced
- 2 ounces kalamata olives, minced
- 1/2 cup giardiniera, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- After use, place the relish in an airtight container and refrigerate.