MUSHROOM GRUYERE BURGER
with Wild Mushrooms and Chive Creme Fraiche
Delicious cheese and mushrooms provide a great addition to any burger, but when you top it off with a dollop of creme fraiche and a brioche bun, you have a burger worthy of a yodel.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce Gruyere cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces mushroom mix (see below)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chive creme fraiche (see below)
- 1 brioche bun
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- While the pattie is still on the grill, top it with the wild mushroom mix and Gruyere cheese and let the cheese melt.
- Place the pattie on the bottom bun and top it with 1 tablespoon of chive creme fraiche.
- Place top bun on burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
Wild Mushroom Mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced and the stems removed
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced and the stems removed
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Place canola oil in a large braising pan at medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic. Stir frequently for about 30 seconds and then add the mushrooms.
- Continue to cook the mushrooms, allowing them to brown and release some of their juices. Once the mushrooms are fully cooked (roughly 20-30 minutes), add the red wine and chicken stock.
- Allow the wine and stock to fully reduce (approximately 20 minutes).
- Once reduced, add in the parsley, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Let the mushroom mixture cool, and refrigerate it in an airtight container.
Chive Crème Fraîche
Suggested portion size: 1½ Tbsp
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.