ONION JAM BURGER
with Red Onion Marmalade and Roasted Garlic Mayo
This delicious burger topped with red onion marmalade, roasted garlic mayonnaise, and spring mix is sure to create a stir at your next gathering.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red onion marmalade (see below)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted garlic mayo (see below)
- 1/4 cup spring mix
- 1 hamburger bun
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Toast the bun if desired and place the cooked pattie on the bottom bun.
- Top the burger with red onion marmalade, add spring mix, and spread roasted garlic mayonnaise on the top bun.
- Place bun on top of burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
Red Onion Marmalade
- 3 red onions, julienned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Place the red onions and butter in a large pan on medium heat.
- Cook onions completely (approximately 30 minutes).
- Add red wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Allow mixture to reduce and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until thick and syrupy.
- Turn off heat and add the fresh thyme and lemon zest.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper.
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Slice off the top 1/4-inch of the garlic bulbs.
- Place the bulbs in a small baking dish and lightly drizzle olive oil over the tops.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until browned and very tender.
- Mash the garlic until smooth and mix it with the remaining ingredients and allow to cool.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.