ONION JAM BURGER
with Red Onion Marmalade and Roasted Garlic Mayo
The Onion Jam Burger is sure to create a stir. A Cloud burger topped with red onion marmalade, roasted garlic mayo, spring greens – all on a brioche roll.
- 1 Cloud Burger
- 1 ½ Tbsp Red Onion Marmalade (see below)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Roasted Garlic Mayo (see below)
- ¼ cup Spring Greens
- 1 Bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it’s on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty
- Cook burger to desired temp
- Toast bun (or not)
- Place burger on bottom bun
- Top burger with Red Onion Marmalade
- Spread mayo on the bun top
- Add spring greens to top of burger
Red Onion Marmalade
- 3 Red onions, julienned
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh, chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Place the red onions & butter in a large pan on medium heat.
- Cook the onions completely, approximately ½ hour.
- Add the red wine & balsamic vinegar.
- Allow the juices to reduce & continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until thick & syrupy.
- Remove from heat & add in the fresh thyme & lemon zest.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste.
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Slice off the top ¼” of the garlic bulbs.
- Place in a small baking dish & lightly drizzle with oil.
- Place on oven for 45 – 60 minutes until browned & very tender (they should be mushy)
- Mash the garlic until smooth, mix it with the remaining ingredients.
- Store in cooler.