PORK BELLY BURGER
with Maple Mustard
Supercharge your burger using pork belly to replace
traditional bacon, and to top it off, add some sharp
cheddar cheese and grilled apples.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 3 slices cooked pork belly (see below)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and cut into 1/8-inch rings)
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple mustard (see below)
- 1 hamburger bun
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Place apples on the grill to cook.
If desired, continuously move the apple slices counterclockwise to create diamond pattern grill marks.
- While the pattie is still cooking, place the cheese on the pattie and let it melt slightly.
- Place the cooked pattie on the bottom bun and top it with pork belly, apples and maple mustard.
- Place top bun on burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
Pork Belly Marinade
- 8 ounces pork belly
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Place all ingredients (except the pork belly) into a food processor and pulse until completely ground.
- Cut the pork belly into 1/4-inch slices and marinade in the sauce overnight.
- Remove pork belly from marinade and cook it on a hot grill for about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until crispy.
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.