SIMPLE SALISBURY STEAK WITH BROWN MUSHROOM GRAVY
Impress your guests by creating this quick, inexpensive, and easy entrée for a savory winter meal everyone will enjoy.
- 1 Double Red Selection® Traditional Comforts Salisbury Steak Pattie
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet gravy mix
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ teaspoon ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown mushrooms; sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Add olive oil and Salisbury steak patties to a large Cast iron pan and brown on both sides until temperature reaches 160 degrees; remove from skillet.
- Add butter and mushrooms to pan and sauté until tender.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and replace with steak pattie.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk water and gravy mix until well blended, then add ketchup, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce until incorporated; pour over pattie in skillet.
- Simmer on low until gravy thickens.
- Remove from pan and place pattie on top of mashed potatoes, and pour additional gravy on top and garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.