SOUTHWEST SLAW BURGER
Bring the taste of the Southwest to your meal by adding a crunchy and savory jicama slaw, heirloom tomatoes and smoky crumbled bacon to a delicious burger.
- 1 Double Red Provisions™ pattie
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Southwest slaw (see below)
- 1 thick slice heirloom tomato
- 3 slices smoked bacon
- 1 brioche bun
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crispy; crumble and set aside.
- Season the pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- Toast bun if desired.
- Place the cooked pattie on the bottom bun and top it with Southwest slaw, sliced tomato and crumbled bacon.
- Place top bun on the burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and matchstick sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shaved
- 2 red onions, julienne sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the jicama, cabbage, red onion, and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients to create the dressing.
- Coat the veggies in the dressing and mix well.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.