SPICY GINGER AND CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeds and pith removed and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly peeled and finely grated ginger
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon tsp kosher salt
- One 5-pound Double Red Provisions™ Vidalia Onion Meatloaf, thawed
- Place the sauce ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a slow boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Continue to cook for 20-25 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Portion the meatloaf into meatballs. The sizing is up to you, but a #40 disher will produce the perfect size for cocktail appetizers. Place the meatballs on a parchment-lined sheet tray and bake in an oven at 375 F for approximately 15 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Toss the meatballs in the cranberry sauce and serve topped with a couple of cilantro sprigs.
- The sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated later if desired.
What Menu Solutions Can We Help Provide YOU?
© 2023 Double Red Provisions™