WAGYU BLEND BURGER
with Bacon, Gruyere and Pickle Spears
Looking for a burger that uses traditional ingredients and takes them to a whole new level?
This indulgent, buttery Wagyu blend burger with melted Gruyere cheese, crunchy thick-cut smokehouse bacon and tangy dill pickle spears provides the perfect combination for a craveable center-of-the-plate offering that your customers will come back to enjoy time and time again.
- 4 slices thick-cut smokehouse bacon
- 1 PERFORMANCE Wagyu beef pattie
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice Gruyere cheese
- 1 artisan bun
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 leaf butter lettuce
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoky-style barbecue sauce
- Cook bacon in an oven or frying pan; crumble and set aside on a paper towel.
- Season frozen pattie evenly with salt and pepper and place it on a grill or flat top at 350 degrees F.
- Once the pattie begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3 1/2 minutes), it’s ready to flip.
- Do not press on the pattie, as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
- While the pattie is still on the grill, top it with 1 slice of Gruyere cheese and allow it to soften.
- Spread bun with butter; toast it and then set it on a plate.
- Remove pattie with softened Gruyere from the grill and place it on the bottom bun. Top it with tomato, lettuce, crumbled bacon and 2 pickle spears.
- Spread mayonnaise, mustard and barbecue sauce on the top bun. Place it on top of the burger and secure it with a sandwich toothpick.